7.26.2008

Seattle

We are in the state of Washington this weekend for a wedding.  I haven't spent much time out here other than the stop in Seattle on choir tour in college.  I remember liking it at the time, but I must say that after spending a bit more time exploring - I love it.  I love the water, as most of you know, and being in cities that are on the water gives me such joy.  Perhaps it's because I grew up on the water, but for some reason it just energizes me and provides me with a sense of contentment that it often hard to find.

In addition to my love of water, the vibe out here is incredibly comfortable.  I find the people and the overall feeling to be fairly laid back and chill.  It's sort of difficult to describe, but I get a sense of calm and ease from the people and the environment.  Seattle is certainly a big city and fairly busy, but it really has a welcoming presence that I would think would make most people feel at home rather quickly.

I've had a wonderful (much needed) weekend so far, and I certainly hope to spend a little more time out here in the future.


----------------------------
Sent via Sprint Wireless Palm Centro

No comments: