2.05.2008

Super Tuesday

Vote.  There is no other option for American's during this primary season.  I've run into people these last few days who have said they aren't planning on voting and probably never will.  Not only do I find this shocking, I also find it embarrassing and it actually makes me fairly upset.  
How many people around the world would love the opportunity to vote?  How long did women in our own country fight for the right to vote?  And now people take this privilege for granted and almost treat it as a chore.  This isn't right.

These are the same people who complain about the workings of government.  These are the people who often are unhappy with how their tax money is being spent.  This makes me furious.  You don't vote, but you think you have the right to complain about anything?  Ridiculous.

We have an extremely important duty today and the remainder of this election season.  Get involved, get informed, look at and compare stances on issues, and do your duty as an American - it's never been more important in my lifetime.

No comments: