12.08.2008

Rove to 'name names'


In an interview with Cox News, Karl Rove said he will be calling out the people in Washington who never respected President Bush as a commander-in-chief.  My first thought after reading this, "is there anyone who wouldn't be on that list?"

I find this incredibly hilarious.  One of the most unpopular political figures, ever, is writing a book detailing the names of people who didn't respect one of the most unpopular presidents, ever (perhaps THE most unpopular, but I don't feel like confirming that at the moment).  Wouldn't it be easier to just look at the last U.S. census for this information?  Or maybe it would be easier to write a book about the people who did accept Bush; at least it would be shorter.

In a seemingly threatening fashion, Rove told Cox News, "I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," he continued, "I'm going to name names and show examples."  I'm sure these people are terrified (note sarcasm).  

I'm sorry, but I just can't stop laughing.

Mr. Rove, an overwhelming majority of Americans don't respect this man as their president (I wish they would have relieved that in 2004).  Nobody cares who, in Washington, was 'unreceiving' of W.  In fact, these people will most likely be lauded - they may thank you for outing them.

Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.  No, Mr. Rove, it's because we are now facing the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression and the world hates us - just to name a couple reasons.

It's almost as if this story was in the Onion, but I promise, it's real!

No comments: